News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Golden Age Racing - Zwartkops Raceway Saturday 2 Febraury

Started by Grant V, 06 February 2008, 02:40 PM

Grant V

The 7th annual Golden Age of Racing historic racing festival took place at Zwartkops Raceway outside Pretoria. The event attracted 300 competitors in various categories, with a number of competitors joining us from the UK and Europe. Among our international competitors were regular visitors like David Piper, Micheal Knight and Martin Brewer, who are all well known personalities in the British historic racing circles. The gods smiled and we enjoyed a hot sunny day of great racing in a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. Some pics:

Yours truly being passed by the Alfas in Heat 2:

The Finny waiting for scrutineering in some pretty exclusive company:

One of the Legend Series highlights - Peter du Toit's blindingly quick 1958 Chevrolet Biscayne, which was imported as a rusty wreck from Texas only three months ago. This magnificent car gets around Zwartkops in 1min 16 seconds, a good 5 seconds faster than the Finny:

Another of Peter du Toits thundering beauties: Ford Galaxy

Paulo Cavillieri's very quick and beautiful sounding Ferrari 250GT

David Piper's Ferrari P3:

Uli Sanne's BMW 3.0CSL Batmobile:

I wonder what the contents of this shed was worth?

Stuart Greig's Austin A35:

Paulo Cavillieri's orgasmic ex-Tony Viana BMW 745i:

The locally developed and built Bailey Edwards Porsche 917 replica:

"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

Andrew280SEL

Great pics!

A lot of lovely looking cars there. Looked like a great day :)
'79 280SEL- 560,000 Kms
'73 350SE- getting an AMG facelift
'79 450SEL 6.9

SELfor50

That's the Shiznitch Grant!!  So many awesome classics, and GREAT to see them getting driven how they should be!!

That 7 series bmw is dope!!

Nice pics mate, would be keen as to see some footage next time you're out.  ;)

Cam.  :)

OzBenzHead

Thanks, Grant - great pics!

AND a gold Stude Golden Hawk, too.   ;D
[img width=340 height=138][url="http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png"]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/OzBenzHead/10%20M-B%20Miscellany/OBH_LOGO-2a-1.png[/url][/img]

oscar

Quote from: Grant V on 06 February 2008, 02:40 PM
Yours truly being passed by the Alfas in Heat 2:

Well to me it looks like the Finny is sbout to barge between the two Alfa's ;D

Great photos Grant and I love that Biscayne.  There's one that gets around in my town on the weekends along with all the other classics that are out for their Sunday drives.  First time I saw it I couldn't believe how long it was and that tail is to die for.
1973 350SE, my first & fave