News:

www.W116.org - The #1 resource for our W116! Established 2004

Main Menu

Electronic Diagnostics - OBD2 and EOBD

Started by WGB, 04 August 2007, 09:59 AM

WGB

I have been continuing to dig into the world of electronic diagnostics and have accumulated an OBD scanner which tells me that all my fleet is in perfect health.

I have also tracked down a Carsoft Multiplexor at a realistic price and it is on it's way from South Africa of all places by airmail.

It will be interesting to see what systems it can access and if it works should make eezy-peezy of diagnosing and resetting many of the otherwise impossible to fix electrical problems of later model Benzes.

Bill

oscar

It would be good if older engines had a similar port sometimes but then we'd become too dependant on these diagnostic tools.  We'd loose our traditional diagnostic skills.  But then again, would it matter.   We'd get things done a lot quicker.

WGB, I don't know if this will help.  I was searching the web for details on my engine when I stumbled across this Fault Code Manual for MB's between 1988 and 2000.

Oh  :-[ I just looked at your car list and it wont help you at all.  Have you got a book of codes?  I know bugger all about these scanners or how hard it is to get code reference lists but here's the link I found anyway.  http://www.autodiagnostic.us/mb_dtc.pdf  FWIW, they might have something else usable.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

WGB

Thanks Oscar,

I will add it to my list of sites.

Bill