News:

www.W116.org - By the people, for the people!

Main Menu

Crossed over to 126

Started by MB_Mike, 04 November 2009, 06:19 AM

carl888

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 04 November 2009, 07:06 AM
w126's arent *that* bad ;)

to be fair, thanks to Nathan, i've never actually been in or driven one that could be considered atleast half decent, so my view of them has been tarnished unfairly. At the end of the day, its still a classic MB, and still not as plasticy as a current or post w126 model ;)

I look forward to enlightment once i get to experience one thats been treated with respect and well maintained.

Ha ha, they aren't that bad, if you come to Melbourne, you can try mine Patrick:

Congrats on the 560 SEL Mike, you will sure enjoy that torque.

Regards,

Carl.

pompy

nice colour on yr 560, Mike.

And nice 280 SE, Carl - not used to seeing without rear h/rests and with 116 style door lock pins... what yr is it?

Big_Richard

that is a very nice 126 Carl ;)

If you saw the kind of rubbish that gets around in WA on a daily basis, held together with chewing gum and duct tape, you could see where the bad impression comes from. We don't have annual vehicle inspections, the only time a vehicle is ever checked is when its new, or when the police decide to give you a defect notice. And they are usually only reserved for teenagers with bad attitudes ;)

There is a disturbing trend for try hard teenagers with new drivers licences to be driving w140's these days. It sickens me, because these cars never had a chance of lasting any decent amount of time for the fact that they are 75% plastic. By also being a popular choice by wanna be gangsta teenagers, they are more or less guaranteed to become extinct even sooner..

TJ 450

Once upon a time, W116s were in the same situation. Things have just moved along with the times. Even in NSW, you see old banger Mercs being driven around by P Platers... better that than a Corolla, I say. Cut springs are also a common theme. ;)

There are plenty of good 126s in WA... they seemed to be the mainstay of the MB Club day we attended. ;)

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

MB_Mike

Carl, that's a great car and a great color. I like how there is some familiarity between your 126 and the 116s. I think the lack of rear headrests and the manual seats along with the bundts really give it more of a classic feel.

I thought I would add a couple of pictures of all the paperwork that came with this car:

I also have the data card but the picture didn't upload for some reason.

Well, that should be enough boasting. Next up is serious work on the 116...
1987 Home market 560 SEL