News:

www.W116.org - All about the Car!

Main Menu

CHARLIE´s W116, 1977 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL

Started by Charlie, 06 April 2008, 04:04 AM

Charlie

Here is my 1977 450 SEL

You can see more photos and get info in my thread in MB Entusiastklubb in Norway. See link;
http://www.mbentusiastklubb.com/smf/index.php?topic=16826.0

Big_Richard

Wow, thats beautiful  :)

I notice your little sharks fin, is that a GPS antenna ?

oscar

Ditto!  That's a stunning colour.

What about the MERCEDES badge, what's that from?  It looks at home on a w116. 8)
1973 350SE, my first & fave

Charlie

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 06 April 2008, 04:09 AM
Wow, thats beautiful  :)

I notice your little sharks fin, is that a GPS antenna ?

Thank you, Patrick!

No it´s not a GPS. It is one of the earlier owners  who had mounted a radio antenna on the roof >:(.

Charlie

Quote from: oscar on 06 April 2008, 04:34 AM
Ditto!  That's a stunning colour.

What about the MERCEDES badge, what's that from?  It looks at home on a w116. 8)

The car is Dunkel Blau :)

MERCEDES logo was something you could by extra in that time. It was not original equipment, but it was very normal. You could also get AUTOMATIC I remember. It looks like original.

Charlie

Quote from: Michel on 06 April 2008, 04:35 AM
Very Nice Charlie. ;D

Any chance of some interior pictures?

If you go into my thread in Norway, you can follow my project. I started this thread today, and will continue updates and pictures very often!! There is a pictures of the blue interior.

Charlie

Hi! Now I am soon finish with the seats! I have bought new original black leather for my car. If you want to see, I have posted pictures of the seats in my thread in MB Entusiastklubb forum in Norway. On monday everything will be finish!  Of course I will post more pictures then ;)

oscar

Charlie, those seats look incredible.  Congratulations 8)

Charlie

Quote from: oscar on 06 July 2008, 07:37 AM
Charlie, those seats look incredible.  Congratulations 8)

Thank you very much, Oscar :).  I also think the same, and I hope I can start making the car inside next year. I have to be finish with the chassi first, and then the car will be totally painted outside and inside.

Charlie

Hello everybody!

Finally I am finish with the 116 outside and inside!! For pictures, welcome to my project thread in MB Entusiastklubb forum in Norway;

oscar

Hey Charlie, absolutely stunning  8) 8) 8)  This is my favourite photo.
I have a question for you below it.

I know you recovered the seats but I was wondering about the rest of the interior like the roof and the pillar trim in this second photo below.  Did you recover the old trim with black vinyl or did you buy black trim from another W116?  What about door moulds?  Did you find black door moulds or recover the old ones?  Cheers.

s class

Oh my.  Looking at those pictures is better than looking at a naked woman. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

Martin 280s

Quote from: s class on 04 September 2009, 08:18 AM
Oh my.  Looking at those pictures is better than looking at a naked woman. 

Absolutely...far sexier! Plus those polished alloys are fabulous! Congratulations to the owner.

Charlie

Quote from: oscar on 04 September 2009, 07:11 AM

I know you recovered the seats but I was wondering about the rest of the interior like the roof and the pillar trim in this second photo below.  Did you recover the old trim with black vinyl or did you buy black trim from another W116? 

Eh.... well. I did buy a second 450 SEL part car because of the black interior, but I didn´t use it. In the end I recovered the blue interior parts with real leahther in black. The roof is also maked new with leather. All velour carpet in the car is also new, in the same high quality as in my W140 600 SEL.

QuoteWhat about door moulds?  Did you find black door moulds or recover the old ones?

Well, thats the only parts I used from the part-car. They are in good condition, and match all the rest of the interior.