News:

The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

Bewt Ute

Started by LiaMerc, 12 April 2010, 01:28 AM

LiaMerc

Great for the distinguished tradesman???

Nice

SELfor50

That's bloody beautiful!!!

I would take a stab at USA?  But possibly looks like Euro surrounds in the background....

Very well done.. Where'd you find it?

oscar

Looks like a top conversion.  Notice the gill on the fender.  I've wanted to do that for engine cooling on the track car rather than bonnet louvres but wasn't sure of how it could be achieved.  They've done a great job on this one to blend it in.
1973 350SE, my first & fave

motec6.9

you could always go to your local yokal holden steler and buy vz or ve gaurd vents and have them fitted Oscar i had them fitted to my vy one tonner when i owned it 180 for the pair at shacks here in Perth ;D
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

oscar

I just sought them out and they look too flash I reckon, though I do like the chrome strip.  Just come back from work too and asked a guy who's got a VE SS with factory flutes and they look part of the fender rather than an add on but I've seen the add on kits from a few commodore forum links.  Bloke at work reckons they're non functional on his SS, all show.  That's a bit disappointing. I wanna be able to sucka the air out of the engine bay but not have bonnet vents.

flutes

Factory flutes?  I had nothing to do with it.
Matt
1977 450SEL

motec6.9

Hi Oscar yes they are non functional i had them fitted to my VY onetonner but there is nothing stopping you from making them functional with some tubbing and such you also have wl statesman ones with led turn indicators as well as vz or ve and hsv ve ones but i think they are to big :) or you could try pontiac trans am guard vents from the 70's
Euro 6.9 255.6hp at the wheels. Watch this space.

oscar

Quote from: flutes on 17 April 2010, 08:45 AM
Factory flutes?  I had nothing to do with it.

haha, yeah I didn't know they were called flutes until I googled em.

I searched the pontiac ones motec, that's more like it.  Though I do like the fender work in the ute better, I can always hack and shape and try to make it look one piece and when I fail cut a larger hole to put an insert in.