News:

The ORG - No shonky business!

Main Menu

Becker cd changer

Started by 500eguy, 11 July 2007, 03:21 PM

500eguy

Just wondering if you guys know if this will fit in a oem becker radio, say my 500e Becker radio. If so i will buy it, the guy wants $50 for it.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/370965009.html

s class

500eguy, that looks to me like the CD changer that was standard on early W140's like mine and other benzes of the same era.  They can only 'talk' to the matching head units and amp/DA converter units.  Come to think of it, your car is that sort of age too....

Please go and look at this thread here :

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1268273-w140-audio-system-has-been-butchered-please-help-me-fix.html

That was when I needed help to piece my system back together.

I think you have to be a benzworld member to see the photos. 

In the photos you will see some shots of the connectors on the back of the amp unit (the plain square grey box).  The important bit is the two multipin DIN sockets.  One goes directly to the head unit if you do not have a CD changer.  If you do install the CD changer, the same socket is instead routed to a similar socket on the back of the changer, and from there another cable goes back to the head unit.  If you have an amp like this with these connectors, you will probably win. 

Oficially you need a special adapter cable harness to do this re-routing.  It goes for something daft like US$200, but I quite simply made up my own cable.  If you go this route, I can give you diagrams of how I did this. 

Let is know

Ryan

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

500eguy

i will, i think i will pick up this changer and go from there.

s class

johnnyB, did you get the CD player?

Mine's just died on me last week  >:(

I will see the becker agents in South Africa to see if they can help me. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL

500eguy

i did not pick it up yet, the seller never called me back. :(