News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

Another "stolen and dumped" w140

Started by Big_Richard, 27 August 2008, 09:17 AM

Big_Richard

TJ 450

I wouldn't be surprised if it was insurance fraud.
Some years ago, early in the morning, we heard a series of loud explosions. It turns out some jerk had stolen a W210 E-Class, dumped it in the carpark and set it alight after doing burnouts all over the place. It ended in a pile of molten plastic and sheetmetal... the bitumen was incinerated beneath it. Some people have no respect.

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

craigb

Having just read something about how hitech these were, it is a wonder they could be stolen without leaving the keys in the ignition! Maybe insurance guys don't look into those things?
1980 280s

TJ 450

Indeed, you would need the keys. These days people break into your house, grab the keys and steal your car(s).

Tim
1976 450SEL 6.9 1432
1969 300SEL 6.3 1394
2003 ML500

kolin

well jurgen schremp, he of ex rsa mbsa and db Ho in germany parked his S600,bullet proof, with the latest high tech tracking system, and when he came back 15 mins later, the car was stolen.not to be found.
even with the infrared keys, these b*ggers can still steal the cars.
dont know how, but they do

John Hubertz

Phone a Mercedes dealer, present a "German" registration and "German/International driver's license that has the same name as the original registered owner and any dealership in the USA will MAIL you a new key.

NOBODY knows what international documents look like - it has been over 15 years since I've seen anything but a Canadian plate in the Midwest, and we have a BIG Mercedes dealer in our town of approx 300,000 people.

Just to get the language issue off the phone they'd probably throw in the key to the owner's house too.  Nobody in the USA can understand why anyone would ever bother to learn a language.  They think English is a genetic characteristic like a bird call.
John Hubertz
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
(Hunter S. Thompson) 

1977 450SEL (Max Headroom)
[img width=68 height=73][url="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg"]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f248/fullhappyfish/max.jpg[/url][/img]