News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

American HorRod, Boyd, Duane and the lads.

Started by koan, 17 January 2007, 08:48 PM

koan

Do many of the w116.org readers watch American HotRod? Here in Oz it's on Foxtel cable on the Discovery channel.

The show is about the "legendary " Boyd Coddington's hotrod building operation. It's all chop the top and put a big block in it, wow it'll look great!

What do you think Boyd drives? Some carefully executed classic like a '32 Ford or '56 Chev (with a big block of course)?

No, from last night's show it appears he drives a black S series Mercedes-Benz!

k
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!

Des

Have watched that series yes,
did a nice 56 red and white belair chevy,

couldn't beleive they cut up an original model T ford though to rod it.

Its not a bad show,  don't mind american muscle cars, another good series is American Muscle Cars, sort of like a 30min doco on different models, e.g. the Dodge Challengers, Chevy Corvettes, Ford Mustangs.

Mforcer

I have watched and enjoyed that show too. I would love if they focused on more of the technical details of all the work done.

Haven't seen American Muscle Cars but it could be worth watching too.

Still like Pimp My Ride - the only show that has given me an idea that I may actually use on my car!

I have seen another show on the How To channel about pimping your own car (can't remember its name) which made me shake my head but at least they go into detail on the work done.
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

WGB

I can't wait to tell my knowitall Hot Rodder Son-in-law that Boyd Coddington drives an S-Class.

He keeps telling me he doesn't know what I see in Mercs.

?Colour ?Series that Boyd Drives.,

Bill

Des

If you know how to use Bittorrents you can get American Muscle car episodes here:

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=muscle+car

koan

Quote from: WGB on 18 January 2007, 02:22 AM

?Colour ?Series that Boyd Drives.,

It's a black current model S series.  The episode I saw the M-B in was part 1 of a '36 coupe rebuild, you might find it somewhere out there.

"parks", I agree with you, Gabe's upholstery does magnificent work.

k
Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Amen!