News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

A 1970's track day!

Started by craigb, 17 November 2008, 10:00 PM

craigb

1980 280s

AMG69

I cant believe how times have changed - no helmets at all! And how lucky was the convertible VW Beetle not to roll and kill his passengers!!  No suprise all the rear engined VW, Fiat and Renaults had an issue with that corner!!  ;D
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Big_Richard

Quote from: AMG69 on 24 December 2008, 07:21 PM
I cant believe how times have changed - no helmets at all! And how lucky was the convertible VW Beetle not to roll and kill his passengers!!  No suprise all the rear engined VW, Fiat and Renaults had an issue with that corner!!  ;D

That's nuts!

That certainly would of ended in horrific tragedy if that thing rolled. No roll bar at the rear!

What about the guy that fell out of the car and almost got run over by his own car. It seems like they didn't even bother with seatbelts let alone helmets.

What a bunch of reckless thrill seekers you 70's people are ;)

WGB

Quote from: Patrick Bateman on 24 December 2008, 08:13 PM
Quote from: AMG69 on 24 December 2008, 07:21 PM

That's nuts!

What a bunch of reckless thrill seekers you 70's people are ;)

Thanks we were  and no one was probably checking the alcohol levels either in the tank or in the driver. ;D

Bill

s class

Man, I lost count of how many Beetles rolled there. 

[color=blue]'76 6.9 Euro[/color], [color=red]'78 6.9 AMG[/color], '80 280SE, [color=brown]'74 350SE[/color], [color=black]'82 500SEL euro full hydro, '83 500SEL euro full hydro [/color], '81 500SL