News:

The ORG - No back-slapping boys club!

Main Menu

540K up for auction

Started by Grant V, 26 July 2007, 07:58 AM

Grant V

A few months ago I wrote about an elusive 540K that nobody had really seen, but was alledgedly stuck away in a barn on a farm in the Free State. Well, the car has finally appeared and will be auctioned on the 20th August, apparently with a reserve is R7m.

I'm starting a fund raising campaign to acquire this car, so any donations (in minimum denomonations of AUS$ 1000) most welcome. I might sell my 6.9 to raise money as well.

FOR SALE: 1978 450SEL 6.9, Milan Brown, Bamboo Leather, 230 000km - ONLY R7m

"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

Martin 280s

Grant,
I'll buy it for you, think of it as a gift ;D ;D
What's R7m between friends?
P.S Do you have your Gestapo uniform ready?

Brian Crump

$AUD1.34M
Will take your 6.9 at this price. Proviso; must be delivered to my door by 5AM EST Friday ready to take the dogs to the park for their run.
Regards,
BC

116Benz

What a find, im guessing its been restored. Unless the barn was hermetically sealed.

Grant V

Thanks Martin - that's very kind of you. And all I have to do is wear a uniform, right? (He asks nervously, as 'Tom of Findland' images pop into his head).

BC - make that Monday. Gives me a bit of time to polish her for you.
"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

Martin 280s

Quote from: Grant V on 26 July 2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks Martin - that's very knid of you. And all I have to do is wear a uniform, right? (He asks nervously, as 'Tom of Findland' images pop into his head).

BC - make that Monday. Gives me a bit of time to polish her for you.

Tom of Finland did not come to mind but now you mention it.........

116Benz

Quote from: Brian Crump on 26 July 2007, 08:21 AM
QuoteBC - make that Monday. Gives me a bit of time to polish her for you.
Depends entirely upon which Tom of Finland character you can provide with it... :o
Regards,
BC

Not to mention what that particular character's job description entails.

Martin 280s

Quote from: 116Benz on 26 July 2007, 08:24 AM
Quote from: Brian Crump on 26 July 2007, 08:21 AM
QuoteBC - make that Monday. Gives me a bit of time to polish her for you.
Depends entirely upon which Tom of Finland character you can provide with it... :o
Regards,
BC

Not to mention what that particular character's job description entails.

Well.....

Grant V

116Benz

Quote from: Grant V on 26 July 2007, 08:34 AM
What have I started??????????

Grant of Pretoria instead of Tom of Finland?

Eps M100: The car washer and his dic-tator.... :P