The ORG - 100% FREE advice!

Main Menu

300SEL 6.8 AMG

Started by Grant V, 15 March 2007, 09:13 AM

Grant V

Gentlemen,

I have recently acquired one of these:

And I have plans to turn it into one of these:

So while I contemplate the Lotto numbers, can anyone tell me where I can find a set of these:

"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

gregdeklerk

Congrats Grant. I heard that was the car you bought from Steve. Does it need any major work?

Grant V

Greg,
Yes, it belonged to Steve, but it's a real mutt.
The air suspension has been replaced by coils and the air compressor is also missing. In it's place, there's a power steering pump from a W123/116/126 and it's had electronic fuel injection fitted instead of the original Bosch mechanical system. It's also slipping in 4th gear. The body looks straight with very little rust, but the front seats are badly torn. The rest of the interior looks quite alright.
It idles rough and has a few flat spots, but still accelerates like the clappers!
I must say that's she's a bitch of the first order, and scares the S%*&T out of me, BUT....there's nothing like the adrenalin rush this car brings on.
Everyone should experience the lunacy of a 6.3 before they die
"You've bought another bloody car?!? We should have you committed!" he shrieked, storming out of the room

gregdeklerk

"Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride" in your M100s.

robgee

Mrs.Grant V can young Grant come out to play and tell him not to forget to bring his toys ,or can i come round to your house to play I promise to leave the wife alone PLEASE PLEASE!!!
rob

Grant V

Rob - You're a nut!!!! But come on over and play!

Mforcer

Quote from: Grant V on 15 March 2007, 09:13 AM
So while I contemplate the Lotto numbers, can anyone tell me where I can find a set of these:

Try http://www.eurocca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20656
Michael
1977 450SE [Brilliant Red]
2006 B200

AMG69

Well I know someone who is going to be excited (Des!)!

I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a set of 16 x 10 pentas but there is a set of 16 x 8's on EBAY (see SHOP thread).

Also, spend some time at www.m-100.cc under "6.3" where you will find other people who have done / are in the processing of doing what you want to do!

cheers!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

AMG69

OH! I forgot - can you PLEASE tell us more (add photo) of the aftre market fuel injection?  What type etc etc!!!
sigh....sitting back contemplating the next purchase..!

Des

i cant view that thread, have to sign up?

Chris; yeah my dream car (at the moment) would be an AMG replica 6.8

Grant V

I saw those AMG Pentas, but I'm not technically astute when it comes to rims. I get that they are metric, but...the set advertised on eBay:

1) Are they the same diameter, but only narrower?
2) Can one get aluminium rims widened?

Grant V

AMG69,

I have no idea about the fuel injection system, but it seems to have been done very neatly. It's not a Benz system - I was told that it may be Mazda or something. Some pics:

The air flow sensor:

oscar

GrantV, don't know whether you saw this thread but you may be interested in Tomi's post on the waxenberger 6.3 especially the sound recording.

http://forum.w116.org/test-drive/have-you-any-audio-recordings-of-your-cars/msg9008/#msg9008

edit:  wrong link sorry, all fixed

1973 350SE, my first & fave

Danny Berry

THE AMG 6.8. What a beast! A stunning machine!
Good luck.